Sunday, January 13, 2008

Altered Puzzle Pieces

I thought I would start by sharing a couple of altered jigsaw puzzle pieces I made as part of a swap with some good friends.
I love the little boy image I used in this first piece. I just wish I could remember where I got it from. The frame is made with a Stampers Anonymous stamp. I had purchased it from the US for a specific project and waited and waited for it to arrive. At the last minute I changed my mind and didn't use it, so it was good to have a worthwhile project to use it on.

I really struggled with this piece. I think it was because the friend I was making it for is a very talented lady and therefore I felt I had to create the 'perfect' piece. I really wanted to do a time themed piece but after two failed attempts gave up on that idea. Using the watch face to hold shells came to me in the middle of the night and I was happy with this piece in the end.



No comments: