Sunday, January 13, 2008

Shining Stones Background Technique

On Next-Generation-Stampers we are currently participating in a Background Noise Challenge. For details on this project, and the shining stones background technique, visit Trish Bee's Art-venture website at http://trishbee.co.uk/?p=307

Here are my backgrounds. They turned out a bit washed out, probably partly because my Kaleidacolor inkpads are drying up and partly because I used too much water. Hopefully I will have time to 1) add them into my art journal and 2) create something with the 'extras' in the next week or so.




This background was made using Kaleidacolor Creole Spice ink pad. I didn't have any perfect pearls or other mica-type products so I ended up using gold lumiere's watered down a bit.





This background was made using Kaleidacolor Carribean Sea with gold lumiere paint.

2 comments:

Trish Bee said...

Great backgrounds! Thanks for sharing them. Good idea to substitute the perfect pearls for lumieres! They look brilliant.

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Great backgrounds and congratulations on getting your blog started!